Mr. Paul Streff of Clark, SD, Salem native and son of parishioner Mrs. Frances Streff, completed the new shrine for the statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague this past week, and delivered it to Salem. The shrine, which matches the pedestal he made for the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the opposite (west) side of the church, is breathtakingly beautiful. Paul worked on the shrine for the Infant Jesus in his spare time over the last three years. It certainly was worth the wait. This shrine, as well as the pedestal for the Sacred Heart of Jesus, were given to St. Mary’s by Frances as memorials. The statue of the Infant Jesus was given to St. Mary Church in 1957 by the late Mr. and Mrs. Lanners.
Archive for July, 2010
From Archbishop Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis: